We are company number 10435314 registered in the United Kingdom.
Our registered office is:
Medway Freight Centre
- We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you disagree with, the best course of action is for you to leave our website.
- We take the protection of your privacy and confidentiality seriously. We understand that all of our visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to inform you about your rights and our obligations to you regarding the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at knowyourprivacyrights.org
- Except as set out below, we do not share, sell or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
The bases on which we process information about you
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information and to notify you of the bass for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no relevant, then we shall immediately stop processing your data. If the basis changes, then if required by the law, we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
- Information we process, because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract, we must process the information you give us and some of this information may be personal.
We may use it in order to:
- Verify your identify for security purposes
- Sell products to you
- Provide you with our services
- Provide you with suggestions and advice on our products, service and how to obtain the most from using our website
We process this information on the basis that there is contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract. Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information. For example, to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual, will not be personally identifiable.
We shall continue to process this information, until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
- Information we process with your consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you with more information about our business, including job opportunities, products and services; you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example, to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates, whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful. We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent, or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us via email: email@example.com. However, if you do so, you my not be able to use our website or our service in the future.
- Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests
We may process information on the basis that there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so. Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to:
- Whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- Whether processing (or not processing) may cause you harm
- Whether you would expect us to process your data and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so.
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- Record keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business
- Responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
- Protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- Insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk
- Protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
- Information we process because we have a legal obligation
Like all UK businesses, we are subject to the law and sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request, or if they have the proper authorisation, such as a search warrant or court order.
This may include your personal information.
Specific uses of information you provide to us
- Job application and employment
If you send our team information in relation to a job application, we may keep it on file for up to three years, in case we decide to contact you at a later data.
If we decide to employ you, we will collect information about you and your work from time to time, throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for six years before destroying or deleting it.
- Sending a message to our team
When you contact us, whether it’s by telephone, website contact form or by email, we collect the date you have given us, in order to respond with the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business.
We keep personal identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address, so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high-quality service.
When we receive a compliant, we record all the information that you have provide to us and we use the information to resolve your compliant.
If your compliant reasonably requires us to contact another person, we may decide to pass on the information to the relevant bodies regarding your compliant. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole direction as to whether we do give information and if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to asses the level of service that we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
Use of information we collect through automated systems when you visit our website
Cookies are a small text file that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely. Your web browser should allow you to delete any that you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
- Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded. We record information such as your geographical location, your internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer, device and the screen resolution.
We use the information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you. If combined with other information we learn about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you’re not signed into our website.
- Our use of re-marketing
Re-marketing involves placing a cookie on your computer when your browse our website, in order to be able to serve to you an advert for our products or services when you visit another website.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
- Information we obtain from third parties
Although we don’t disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties who service we use.
No such information is personally identifiable to you.
- Data may be processed outside the European Union
Our website is hosted in the United Kingdom. We may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union, from time to time in other aspects of our business. Accordingly, data obtained within the UK or any other country could be process outside the European Union.
For example, some of the software that our website uses may have been developed in the United States of America or Australia.
We use the following safeguards with respect to data transferred outside the European Union:
- The data protection clauses in our contracts with data processors, include transfer clauses written by or approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union
- We comply with a code of conduct approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union
Access to your own information
- Access to your personal information
At any time, you may review or update personal identifiable information that we hold about you. To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website, you may send our team a request at firstname.lastname@example.org. After receiving the request, we will inform you when we except to provide you with the information and whether, you require any fee for providing it to you.
- Removal of your information
If you would like our team to remove your personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us at email@example.com.
This may limit the service that we are able to provide to you.
- Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information, we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identify before granting you access or otherwise taking any action.
This is important to safeguard your information.
- Encryption of data sent between us
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you provide us. When the information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done through SSL, by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
- How you can complain
If a dispute is not settled, then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration. If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the information Commissioner’s Office – https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
- Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this Privacy Police, we keep your personal information for as long as required by us:
- To provide you with the services that you have requested
- To comply with the other laws, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities
- To support a claim or defence in court
- Compliance with the law
Ultimately, it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website or not.